Monday, December 28, 2009

Still blogging

Been quite a spell between blog posts but that's only due to lack of outings.

What have I done since last visit?

Two new backyard birds on my list. Eastern Spinebill (visits the Kangaroo Paw several times a day), and Scarlet Honeyeater (one visit only).
Took a guy I know from the Defence Intranet (lives interstate), exploring Belmont and Morriset. Very few birds seen but 2 ticks for him with White-breasted Woodswallow and Osprey.

Lots of rain of late is stopping any chance of a photo outing, and no sign of easing for a week or so.

Future planned outings are a visit to my local habitat (Medowie State Conservation Area) with some guys more knowledgeable than I too see what actually lives with the forest. May make this area my study for the year and keep detailed lists of what I find.

Other planned outing will be the HBOC Easter camp.

Anyway that's all that is happening over here. Once I get out I will be back to update. Hope you have a great 2010. My NY resolution is to get to 250 species on my life list (48 to go).

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment