Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Blue Gum Regional Park

Another outing on Sunday after some average weather for a week. Saw my first tick only minutes into the trip when we saw a Regent Bowerbird way up in the tree tops.
Rufous Whistlers are out in force and also saw a Rufous Fantail (haven't seen one for almost a year). Positively ID'd my first Varigated Fairy-wrens and saw my first Scarlet Honeyeater! Wow what a stunning little bird and probably the highlight of the morning.

Twitchathon is now less than 3 weeks off. For a non-twitcher, I am quite excited about the event, but as long as you enjoy the outdoors and of course...birds, then a bit of friendly competition, while looking for feathers can't be anything but a good adventure.

1 comment:

  1. I havent seen the regent for a while now.
    Seen the scarlet the last time.
    its a great spot, hey?
    cheers,
    steve

    ReplyDelete