Friday, June 5, 2009

Hooray, the sun is back!!

Finally the sun has returned and given us a pleasant change from cloud, wind and rain. No plans for birding today, but I did have errands to run, so I packed the camera for my drive to the shops. So many Eagles out soaring today around the dam. I missed out on some close photos due to smaller birds chasing them away. I am destined never to get a good photo of those birds. :-(

After shopping I diverted to a nearby wetlands near the local McDonalds. Nothing amazing (the wetlands that is) but always guaranteed seeing several types of bird. Today found Australian Ibis, Straw-necked Ibis, Eurasian Coots, Dusky Moorhens, Night Herons, Royal Spoonbills, Red-rumped Parrots, Willie Wagtails and more feral ducks and Geese than you can throw a bag of bread at.

No comments:

Post a Comment