Friday, September 10, 2010

Western NSW bird adventure - Day 5

Day 5.

Awoke at Byrock at 4.30am to the sound of thunder and lightning flashes in the distance. Time to get up I think. Showered with 3 frog mates who enjoyed the hot steam. Coco pops at the back of the car for breakfast, bed sorted and car ready just as the rain came.
This morning was to be a morning of scenery photos for the wife (darn the rain from letting me change lenses), but since it was wet I decided to drive somewhere else. Last night I spoke to some birding folk in the camping grounds who had just come from Warren and were saying how much water was in the area and they had trouble visiting spots for all the water, so this morning I headed for Nyngan where I would decide where to go from there.
It poured all the way to Nyngan so I decided to stay the day and see what my last day of travelling would have in store in the morning. The Bogan River is very full and flowing well. Still heaps of birds along the river with Brown Goshawk being the only addition to the list from day 2 of the trip.

1 comment: