Sunday, April 24, 2011

Long time between birds

Well it's been just short of two months since my last blog which means it's been that long since my last attempt to go taking photos. Work, family and weather have all plotted against me going out until now and even though this outing was not a great one, I still concidered it worthy of a post.

Friday morning saw me head out to Werekata NP, near Kitchener. Usually a nice place to see birds, this time however it was pretty quiet. Noteworthy birds seen were a pair of Peaceful Doves, Wonga Pigeon, Striated Thornbill, Yellow-tufted Honeyeater and White-bellied Cuckoo-shrike.


Today, Sunday, provided me with an unexpected bonus right in my very own back yard. A peaceful Dove among the Spotted Turtle Doves gave me the chance to snap a few photos from the comfort of my dining room and also taught me to check the camera as I took about 30 photos before realising there was no memory card.



No comments:

Post a Comment